Come on This Way
The basic tour price includes a flight (round trip), accommodation in a hotel (10 days), visa and insurance. Extra expenses of tourists are noted in the itinerary of each particular day in the "rates" section.
9 days with Valeriy Ayzenberg
"Stars". Visiting places associated with the famous citizens of the Big Apple.
1. The house of Jaclyn Kennedy-Onasis in the East Side near the Central Park where she used to walk. A view of the house and a performance - "A Walk In The Park" (the heads of the female tourists are wrapped up with kerchiefs and only openings for the eyes are left, the way Jaclyn did it not to be recognized.
2. A walk along 47th Street - the favorite street of a great pop-artist Andy Warhall, where he used to buy jewelry. "The Diadem" performance - the tourists hung up with jewelry, wearing fake rings and rings with false gems, in a solid party walk several times past "the golden quarter" of the 47th Street (between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue). Shopping (window-shopping). The guide is telling funny stories from the life of A. Warhall.
3. "Dacota" (1 West 72 Street) - the house where John Lennon lived and was shot dead by a meloman-fanatic. "The Picnic" performance - making barbecue and drinking Californian red wine and singing hits such as "Yellow Submarine", in the garden Strawberry fields in the Central Park.
Horse-driven coach - $100.
Services of an artist-guide while on the coach - $40.
Barbecue and wine - $6.
Taxi to 47th Street - $5.
Duration - 7 hours.
"Three observation platforms"
1. Rising to the observation deck in the crown of the Statue of Liberty. A performance - the tourists get striped prison robes and climb to the crown, where through the narrow windows they can have a view of the bay and the open sea. Taking a view of Ellis Island & Liberty Island. The guide is telling stories about the history of emigration and anecdotes about the Statue of Liberty.
2. Going in a high-speed express elevator to the observation deck of the Empire State Building. Facts from the 90 years old history of the building. Meditation to the South and North of the Manhattan.
3. A walk in the elite district of Brooklyn (Brooklyn Hights), where Joseph Brodsky lived. Observation platform. Meditation to the Downtown of Manhattan. Visiting a pizza-restaurant near the Brooklyn Bridge, where the best pizza in New York is made.
Taxi from the hotel to Battery Park - $10.
A boat to Liberty Island and Ellis Island - $7.
Services of the guide - $30.
Observation deck admission fee - $10.
Taxi to the Empire State Building - $10.
Facts - $20.
Taxi to Brooklyn Hights - $15.
Story-telling by the artist V. Ayzenberg - $20.
Pizza - $4.
Taxi to the hotel - $15.
Duration - 7 hours.
"Healing-therapeutical". An excursion to the Metropolitan Museum and Metlife Building.
1. The vanguard-artists Komar and Melamid will give you a manipulation treatment by the paintings of the most expensive artist in the world. That's what they are saying about the new practices of treatment: "We proclaim that art has long ago become a religion and being a religion it cures. For example, you should approach Van Gogh's painting-icon "Self-Portrait with Straw Hat" with your back bowed, get down on your knees and pray…"
2. An insurance company Metlife occupies a 59-story building, rising over the Grand Central. Here we'll be able to repeat the performance of a Russian artist I. Danilova, who made an ascent up the "black staircase" (239 flights of steps non-stop) to the roof of the building in 1995. The climbing will take 25 to 40 minutes depending on the training. The therapeutic effect of the climbing is in the feeling of spiritual rise that develops with the tourists.
Taxi from the hotel to the Metropolitan Museum - $10-$15.
Admission fee - $5.
A guided tour (an artist-guide)- $20.
Manipulation treatment by Komar and Melamid - $50.
Recipes of treatments from $100 to $200.
Taxi from the museum to the Metlife Building - $8.
Admission (the ascent) - $50.
For your security the ambulance will be provided (on duty at the building) (1 hour -$100), and the climbers will be equipped with mobile phones (for the time of the ascent - $20).
Duration - 6 hours.
Walking or cycling over the Brooklyn, Queensboro and Williamsburg bridges. (During these three walks you'll be able to listen to V.Ayzenberg's stories about the glorious and tragic events that happened during the construction of the bridges and in their history - $60. For example, how V. Mayakovsky having a walk across the notorious Brooklyn Bridge took the East River for the Hudson River and what was out of this)
1.Brooklyn Bridge. Walking over the bridge. Visiting the artists' place (scwot) in the Water Front Area. Getting acquainted with their way of life and works of art. An excursion to the gallery of "castaways".
2. Williamsburg Bridge. Walking over the bridge. The stories of the guide about the areas of Manhattan and Brooklyn, which are located next to the bridge. Low East Side, where the film "Once upon a time in America" was shot and Williamsburg, where the loft-studios of artists are.
3. Queensboro Bridge. Crossing one of the most beautiful bridges in New York.
Admission to the bridges - free.
Taxi between the bridges - about $20.
Story-telling - $30. Duration - 8 hours.
A walk in the Water Front Area, a visit to the scwot and the loft-studios of artists - $30.
Duration - 8 hours.
"Soho, the Village and the Greenwich Village". (EVENING, NIGHT - FRIDAY AND SATURDAY).
1. A walk in Soho. Friday, afternoon. Visiting galleries. Special attention will be paid to the galleries where Russian artists are trying to sell their works.
2. The Village and the Greenwich Village. Going to the nightclubs, authentic restaurants, gay-clubs and lesbian-clubs. The house where O'Henry lived. Funny and sad love-stories. Shopping in the exotic shops. Dress-code - more than just informal.
Clubs and restaurants ~ $50.
Duration - 10 hours.
1. Broadway from the 53rd Street to the 46th Street (night). Visiting "Flash dolls" strip-club.
2. Times Square (night). The apotheosis of neon-light advertisements, street performers - black acrobats, rap dancers, elocution of the missioners of all possible religious confessions. Ordering portraits from Chinese street artists. A performance: a flag made of two pieces (American and Russian) is carried in turn by all the participants of the excursion.
$30 - $50, depending on the tourist's mood.
Duration - 7 hours.
Caleidoscope-excursion. Peoples, their inhabitation, appearance, beliefs, habits and ways, cuisine... (the Afro-Americans, the Chinese, The Jews, the Hispanics, the Greeks, the Indians, the Italians etc.) Luxury and poverty.
1. Chinatown, Little Italy. Markets, restaurants, the architecture of the old town.
2. Harlem. A walk along the 125th Street through the whole island from the west to the east. (A piece of advice (warning): you should necessarily have a "wooden" smile on your face and you shouldn't stare straight to the passers by). Williamsbourgh. A walk along Lee Avenue, where "the satmars" - the most orthodox Jews - live. (No cameras, please).
3. Astotia (Queens) Greek authentic restaurants and the view of the pillars of the famous Triborough Bridge.
Depending on the tourist's demands.
Duration - 8 hours.
Participation of the group of tourists in the holiday parades which occur during our stay in New York. America's Independence Day, Halloween, Labor Day, Gay Parade, Brazilian Carnival and others.
If there are any veterans on the crew - then there also held a Parade of the Veterans of all wars. The dressing is up to the occasion. The veterans are wearing medals. Today the tourists experience and feel the rhythm of the city - having quick meals such as hot-dogs, sandwiches, fried chestnuts, bananas and washing this junk food down with coffee wash or Coca-Cola.
$15 - $20.
Duration - 8 hours.
Long Island City (LIC), Queens.
An excursion by the guide's car.
1. Visiting Socratus Park (An annually changed exhibition of sculpture and objects).
2. New York graffiti - visiting the world's largest open-air graphics "museum", where you'll be able to leave paintings of your own if you bring your aerosol-paint cans.
3. Museum of Moving Images, where you'll be able to watch the best examples of the mute movies and to see the first cine-cameras of the most wondrous forms.
Socratus Park -free.
Graffiti - free. Museum - $3.
Services of the guide - $10.